Monday, October 10, 2005

camping

This past weekend we did the real thing. This wasn’t camping with a camper or in some cabin. We pitched tents, started fires with wet logs and shivered in our sleeping bags. There were eight of us roughing it at the beautiful Red River Gorge. There were some really cool rock formations there. I kept my eyes out for fossils but nothing caught my eye (not that I really knew what to look for). One member of our party decided he was in the climbing mood and bouldered around on the formations, sometimes twenty feet above ground. I would’ve joined him in a heartbeat if we had ropes. Althought the weather was brisk, but we certainly had it good as far as food goes. Michelle made the best shish kabobs I’ve ever had. She’s quite the talented cook, even over a campfire!

0 comments: