Monday, February 21, 2005

many more visitors

Well after long planning and many secrets later my family decided to suprise me and came down to visit us. But the even bigger suprise is that my parents were coming as well. See to get my dad anywhere out of NY state takes some doing. So after some great convincing by my Aunt Faye he decided to come as well. YEA!!!! for us because I missed my parents and my siblings so much. So they arrived Friday night around 7 and it became very cramped in our little one bedroom apartment, but very well worth it. Saturday they just took a day to rest and I got to catch with my oldest sister, Yvette and that was great because we get along so well. I also got to spend time with our niece and 3 nephews.

I started to pray and I asked God for some pretty specific things to happen on Sunday and God worked things out so well. Dad made it through the contmeporary musice and loved the message and Paul became very interested as well. Allyson got to join the junior church there and she enjoyed it too. Andrew became ill so he only enjoyed parts of the junior church.

Melinda also got to come and visit and that is always a blessing. She was able to stay with us until Tuesday. So my family and my new husband (who still feels new to me) got to all be in church. Then we went to Chuck E. Cheese. We all got to enjoy the very funny games and win some prizes for the kids. And Joel and I got our picture drew while we were there. Monday we went and visited the aquarium. But sadly I became ill and didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else. But all is well because we got some good pictures with the family. Then back to work on Tuesday.

My family was able to come and visit the museum. That was another answer to my prayers as God made the mission of AiG familiar to my family and they want to come back and see it when it is finished. Then 2:30 Wednesday morning Joel became very ill. We were up the rest of the night and he finally stopped throwing up around 9:30, So I went and spent time at the motel with my family so he could rest. I came home and we took a nap and he was able to spend a little time with them Wednesday night. He developed a very high fever that kept me awake until it broke. He had no clue because he slept through it. But it was my first time to take care of someone that was sick all by myself and I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

Thursday we spent until noon with my family when sadly they left. But we had a great time and I look forward to them coming again. God really blessed Joel and I with their visit. So thanks for coming and surprising me.

See photos.