Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life for us

So what is new for us. Lydia's second tooth has popped through. She had her first ear infection and she went swimming in a pool for the first time. She didn't like it very much, and she cried for the most part. But we tried it again 2 days later and she seemed to like it better. She is starting to show her little sinner side. She decided to cry now when she doesn't get her way and when she gets sick of mommy she throws a temper tantrum. But she has a very sweet, submissive spirit and she takes discipline very lovingly through her little tears. Me, however, I am a wreck. I hate it. I know that it is good to show her that she needs discipline but my goodness it is so hard to not give in and give her what she wants. I have recently been thinking about the fact that I can kind of see why God doesn't give in and give us all we want because it would not be best for us. The first discipline experience with Lydia was because she tried to hold on to the trash can and it fell over on her and she hit her head. So I decided to teach her not to touch it well it was a battle but she no longer touches it. So I am thankful so far that she takes the discipline well. On another note, tonight was our first cook out for the summer. It was a fun day at the park. I will post some pictures of Lydia's friends from our small group. These are only a couple because we are the baby making small group and the second round has begun. The children you see in the photos are Tyler ( the little boy I babysit for), Lydia's best friend Abby, and then Mia the oldest child in our small group. Enjoy and have a great day.

0 comments: